A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

fffffuuuuucccckkkkk


So I don't know who all reads here but for those of you who are no longer of a studently age, you may not be aware of this thing going on right now for us student folks. This thing, it is called OH-MY-FUCKING-GOD-FINALS-FUCK-FUCK-FINALS-SHIT-WHERE-DID-I-PUT-MY-FINAL-PAPER-AND-MY-NOTES-MUST-STAY-UP-ALL-NIGHT-EVERY-NIGHT-THIS-WEEK-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FFFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK-FIIIIIINNNNNAAAALLLLSSS.

Ahem

So that's this week. And it is CRAZY folks. CRAZY. On the plus side, I'll be back in the California area from Tuesday on (so soon!) and that'll be awesome. Also? Had my last critique class for the semester today and got hugely awesome reactions from Marica for my work. Also? You see we had this secret santa thing, which I totally stressed over and couldn't think of what to make and was freaking the shit out and then sort of made this earring thing from earrings that my roommate gave me. Which kind of sucks, I really liked those earrings but you know, the idea I had required them and I am an artist, so I like my things looking the way I like them. So that was that. Anyway, got the earrings, wrapped them in encyclopedia pages and then brought them to class and immedietly was freaked the shit out because everyone else had print shaped packages. So then I was like "Shit shit shit, were we supposed to bring prints as gifts? What happened to this photo objects thing?" But no, it was totally fine. Anyway, one of the ladies in my class, a lady I am friendly with via other classes and yes (yes), she had a package that was large and wrapped in a sort of baby blue-ish wrapping paper. And she kind of was glancing over in my direction every now and again and then I was thinking, "hey wouldn't it be funny if she had me as her secret santa thing? Because with my luck, the person who got me probably is someone who hates me or just doesn't know me. But it would be cool if it was someone I knew." Anyway, so gift giving goes on. And then when it's her turn to give her gift, she gets up and sort of says something about how she wishes she could have found a different color wrapping paper and then wanders over from her side of the table (we all sit at one long table, she was sitting on the other side) and she walks down my side of the table and passes behind me and I turn to see who she's giving it to and suddenly I realize she has stopped between me and the person nect to me and is handing me a gift. And I'm like, oh, me, that's for me!

So I open it. And basically? Awesome! Gorgeous piece of art which I will hang, take a photo of and then post somewhere so you folks can see it. It's even framed! I think I might have been the only person who got something framed. I'm special! Everyone in the class loved it. Basically? I think I won the secret santa this year. My earrings? Well liked. Really well. People LOVED them, thought they were gorgeous. I'm feeling good tonight folks!

End of story: Playlist tonight maybe, feminism final tomorrow, photo theory final thursday, then I'll be in Chelsea selling at a craft fair on Friday and Saturday. If you're in NYC, you should come visit! Let me know and I'll send you details! After saturday? Hanging out at a teacher's place to look at prints of redwood forests in California. I'm kind of excited. He is good at the printing thing. Very good.

3 people have thoughts on this topic:

Krissy said...

I just got got back from one of so called AHHH-(insert slit throat with a spork here)-AHHH- FINALS!!!

Gah. 2 down, 2 to go!!

Luck! Luck! Luck! my love!

The Princess said...

Good luck on the finals, darling. I can't wait to see you again!!
Love,
Princess

changapeluda said...

my sympathy on the finalizationz!

and i love it how you totally GO with what your ideas require..

(i recognize!)

& you totally deserve the BEST present in art class - you really do..it's in the way you Appreciate.
:0]