A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

updates! and poetry!


Friends, I've not blogged much since Thanksgiving but I have been thinking and writing bits in my own way. It's late so the blog I had planned for today is not happening anymore but you can look forward to it on maybe Saturday, since tomorrow I'll be in Brooklyn at the Degenerate Craft Fair at the Silent Barn. Come find me if you're in the area! But yes, Saturday maybe some musings on sci-fi/fantasy, sexuality, and my young adult reading, particularly as these things relate to Tamora Pierce and Anne McCaffery. It will be exciting! Tonight though, poetry!



in dreams i find your hands
soft and waiting,
like you are somewhere dreaming
of where i am too. and your hands
soft and waiting,
grab and twist and i find
the things i loved in your
unknown eyes
are things i have always feared.

and in dreams, you snarl and curse and
you spit and tell me you are
a sailor, you
are worse than a sailor
you are the scum from the bottom
of the darkest sea and yet there
is a soft place on your palms,
you tell me no one is scars
everywhere.

and in dreams i find a certain
bird call which wakes you, takes you
away, you whisk yourself down subway tunnels
and narrow cobblestone streets,
you go where i cannot follow without
falling
finding scabbed knees and angryred
hands.



i am without reason, you take something
from me,
so i can feel the ache of you
the hollow place you have not
found comfortable

[yet, which i say
because you keep coming back,
in dreams,
and changing the nature of my hollowness
inch by inch]


and while you are
wandering wicked and free
i am sitting at the window and
sewing my own safety net,
so when you do not catch me,

i have somewhere to fall.



[because even when you are true,
you are mostly lies.
and even when you are here,
you are all in my head]

0 people have thoughts on this topic: