Hi everyone!
I know I haven't posted like... at all recently but I actually had a real reason. Soda got spilled on my computer like two days after my last blog and it was in the shop for two weeks. AH!!! So mom let me use her old pc computer. However, that computer SUCKS!!! The keyboard is broken so it is a royal pain in the ass to type on it. So for the two weeks or more that I was stuck on it, I avoided typing. And when I got my computer back, well it was finals and I was super busy and then I had two free days which I just packed with stuff so I got to see everyone. Then finally, come Sunday, I got on a plane to go to see Dad in Vietnam. So see? A good reason for not blogging.

Anyway, I'll be in Vietnam from the 3-20th of June. I am currently in the international lounge at Hong Kong airport and while I type, I am also people watching. There is a dude pacing in front of me on the phone who was on my flight and I am convinced that if he is not gay, he ought to be. So there. I would add a picture of the guy but I suspect he would get pissed if I suddenly tried to photograph him with my computer. So instead I'll put a picture of how tired I look.
So, to start, I got up this morning EXHAUSTED!!! I felt like I was going to pass out. And then I said goodbye to Garrett (THANK GOD!!) and Sarah (very sad!) and then mom drove me to the airport. I'm flying UM (Unaccompanied Minor) which means that I get escorted everywhere and I have to wear a cool red pin that says UNITED with that little U symbol they have. Anyway, so mom got to walk to the gate with me and when they started boarding, I got to get on first. Mom and I said good bye, we both cried and then I got on the plane. My plane was one of the ones with two levels and I was on the top level in buisness. Fairly soon I'll be getting back on, probably going to that same seat, in order to get to Ho Chi Minh.
The flight itself was ok. There was turbulance which, of course, freaked me out. I'm terrified of flying so mom gave me ambien to take but I never took it because not sleeping on the plane would make jet lag less awful. I did sleep for about two hours at the end of my flight, which I'm glad I did because I kept 'resting my eyes' and then dropping my book. During my flight, I read The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night, finished Burmese Days, and started The Satanic Verses. There were movies on but I decided they probably sucked because I didn't recognize any of the names (well, I recognized a few but I didn't want to see them anyway). The seats were ok, leg room was nice and I had a huge bin next to me to stash all my stuff

The picture on the left is the view I have of the tarmac and the planes. The plane that you cans see the tail end off is the one I was on... I think. Right now they're cleaning it. I suspect the delay is due to a call button that wouldn't stop going off the WHOLE FUCKING FLIGHT!!! AHHH!!! But hopefully, they'll fix that so I won't go insane on the flight to Ho Chi Minh.
The next flight is only supposed to be about three hours and I'll get to Vietnam between 9 and 11. I would give a more specific time but really, I have no idea. So they've stuck me in the lounge, which is actually very nice and full of both free magazines and free food. So I like that. To illustrate my glee at free food and magazines, I have included a picture of the soda I am drinking right now. Because I know that everyone is really curious about what my beverage of choice in Hong Kong is. Don't be afraid, admit it. I'm fascinating like that. XD

That's what a diet coke looks like in Hong Kong. A little dissapointing really. I was hoping for something cool that I could take home as a souvenir to show to neighborhood children... or something like that. But I am taking the little tab thing home cause it's interestingly shaped and I will bring it to Sam because she will appreciate its awesomeness. Also she wants tab things for her tab thing project dealy bit. That's how literate I am right now. See what international travel does to me.
Eh, I should probably finish this up because I want to make sure it gets online before I get on the plane. I may post another blog when I get to dad's house but I wouldn't expect it only because I'll probably be tired and mostly dead. So perhaps expect one tommorow, meaning California Tuesday and Vietnam... Christmas? I seriously have no idea what day of the week it is anymore. I suppose that's the true hallmark of a good vacation!
Oh and if anyone wants to come with me to pride, email, myspace message or somehow get in touch with me. A few more people can stay in my house, I just need to know soonish.
All right loves, it's time for me to find out when I'm going. If anyone wants anything in particular from Vietnam, let me know and I'll keep an eye out for it. So yeah... And some of you might be getting postcards. I don't want to ruin the surprise but.... Sam, what's your address? XD
Quote of the Day
And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry
1 people have thoughts on this topic:
DWYN!!!!
I'm so happy someone cool has a blog.
I'm not the only one!!
yay XD
anyways, you're going to vietnam?
thats amazing. I'm so happy for you!
you should totatlly check mine out!
Gian
Post a Comment