A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

In which Dwyn's feelings are a little stung


Ok, point of tonight is that people need to know two things.

1. If someone else is telling you what they do or do not identify as, you need to respect that. Not think about respecting it, not tease them about, not any of those other things. The only answer is ok and then proceeding to call them what they call themselves. All right? That means that if I say I'm not a girly girl or that I'm not bi, the answer is ok. No one, and I mean no one, has the right to tell me what I am. I don't think this is too hard to get but some people keep doing it so I'm just saying it.

2. Second, there is a time and a place for PDA. Not everywhere is a good place for this, ok?

Quote of the Day
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being" - Jackie Robinson

1 people have thoughts on this topic:

changapeluda said...

there's a part in The Color Purple when Celie starts following Shuge Avery around (all enamored/hot to trot) and i can totally hear Whoopi Goldberg's voice (so wonderfully childlike in it's straightforwardness) saying that she was being Drawn like a bee to honey....

so to take the sting out a little bit?

someday soon WE are All going to learn that one can draw more bees with Honey than with vinegar.
A lotta people don't get that.
(or maybe some peope don't even like bees, who knows)
But the good news is:
We are evolving like Really Fast!
And this is how it is for me:

It is Soooo much less of a headache to be openminded and have a live and let live/whatever floats your boat, baby!
attitude.
that way you don't gotta get all mad about things.