So I'm sitting here and thinking a bit. Doing a bit of card reading and taking photos with my brain and poetry listening and other such things. I think maybe we need a bit more time for the bizzare in life, no? If you don't laugh at the absurdity of life, what are you doing?
I'm issuing a challenge my friends, especially to those of you who blog: take one day in your life, one afternoon, one hour, one minute, if that's all the time you've got, take that time and sit somewhere interesting. A field, a cafe, a sidewalk, a whatever. Or go all over the place, I don't care. It doesn't matter where you go or for how long. What I'm challenging you to do is this: Write down everything that makes you think, that makes you feel connected and part of something aside from your own body. Then, if you are so inclined, make art of this. Paint or video or photograph or write or whatever. I might do some destruction but I don't know. And then, put it up online, both your list and your art. Comment here with a link to wherever you've done your art. Share.
I think if we connect in how we understand that we are all indeed the same, that means something. Yes? No? Thoughts?
I think art requires us working together, challenging each other but mostly showing and telling things like we see them. Sing it.
I think we need to comprehend our own skins and where we are not just ourselves. What does that mean? I challenge you to comprehend not only me and not only you but where you and me are the same, not we but us and not us but really nothing. And I challenge you to discover where you and me and us and we and nothing blur at our own edges so that our own minds/spirits/hearts/bodies bleed into the world around us. Where do I end and you begin? Where do my lines stop you from being part of me and stop the world from being part of me? Where do your lines stop letting things come in?
Please tell me. It doesn't need complete sentences but I'm challenging you to discover things and I leave you with this thought as you comprehend this challenge.
Make art.
Good evening.
0 people have thoughts on this topic:
Post a Comment