A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

i'm sure the jeff wall thing was accident but wouldn't it be cool if it wasn't?


Saw Twilight tonight. Will have commentary tomorrow. Seriously, Edward=super creepy stalker, beginings of an abusive boyfriend. I hear it gets creepier. And what is it with this Bella character who has no other goals aside from BE VAMPIRE and FUCK EDWARD? Why is this considered a good story? Where is the tension? The three dimensional characters? The flawed people? The actual conflict and the chemistry that should make a movie interesting? Also: Why is Edward Cullen against tofu eaters?

One interesting fact: The pagoda at the end (another WTF? scene) is rather reminiscent of Jeff Wall's photo 'After Invisible Man' only faaaaarrrr less awesome.

But actual, feminist commentary will come tomorrow, when I have more energy to make with the intelligent thoughts.

1 people have thoughts on this topic:

Samantha Shireman said...

I'm tempted to like Twilight just to spite you.