This article disgusts me to a point that I think is hard to communicate. Fuck you Us Magazine and your arbitrary beauty standards. None of the people in the photos were ever bad looking and the idea that people need to loose weight to be winners, that just reeks of idiocy. While I'm sure it's just ever so charming to pick at the images of women (and men, to a lesser extent) and keep telling them 'You're not good enough' I'm calling bullshit.
My body is my own and everyone's body is their own. Who is Us Magazine, or, really, anyone for that matter, to step in and say what is the right way to look? Fuck that. When every other week, the covers of these magazines blare 'BLOATED' or 'TOO THIN' what do you expect women to do?
Keep your fat hating to yourself. Keep your woman hating to yourself. Keep your impossible standards to yourself. We don't need them here.
0 people have thoughts on this topic:
Post a Comment