A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

i've got the camera, now all i need are some lovely people to take pictures of


Hey all, for anyone who reads my blog and happens to be around this weekend, here's the information on my Alice in Wonderland shoot. I've taken my cell phone number off because I'm kind of a crazy paranoid person but if you email me, I'll be happy to pass it along. Anyway, hope to see you all there!




ALICE INFORMATION!
Date: March 7th, unless it’s really raining, in which case we’ll call it off.

Time: I’ll be getting there at about 11 am and will be staying to no later than 5:30. Everyone is welcome to come and go as they please, I’ll be around all day

Location: We’ll be shooting at NDNU in the trails around the E Lot. When you get to NDNU, call my cell phone (number at the bottom of this) and I’ll tell you where exactly we are, since there’s a good chance we’ll move around a bit.

Guests: Everyone is welcome! Bring your friends, family, anyone else you happen to know. All I ask is that all models and artists are respectful of each other and the space we are in. As long as everyone is up for a fun day of art, I’d love to have them join us! You don’t have to tell me who you are bringing along unless you’d like to, just feel free to show up whenever with whoever wants to come along.

For Those Not So Comfortable In Front Of A Camera: Not certain about modeling but still want to be part of the fun? Bring your own art materials and join me in creating art around this shoot. Drawers, painters, filmmakers, writers, sculptors, photographers, whatever, all art is welcome! And different artists looking at the same thing and producing all sorts of wonderful art together can only be a wonderful and exciting thing! And if you don't plan on being in front of a camera, the next bit doesn't apply to you (though I'd encourage you to strongly consider modeling anyway. Push your own limits!).

THIS PART IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: If you are under 18, you need to email me before the event at teh.pink.salmon.of.doom@gmail.com. I’ve got model release forms that need to be signed by parents for those under 18. For those over 18, I’ll have forms at the shoot, so you can sign them there. If parents have any questions about the forms and why I’m asking for them, tell them they are free to email me at that email address. So that you all know, here’s the reason: If I should want to enter photos in a photo contest (unlikely but I like to be prepared), I’d need model permission and it’s easier for me to get permissions now. Be assured though, I’ll let you know before I do anything with the photos!

Payment: Well, no, I can’t pay you all for being wonderful and helping me out but I can offer you prints as compensation for showing up. Once I get the photos printed, I’ll scan them in online and if you see any you like, you are welcome to request prints you like. I can’t do an unlimited number (printing paper is obscenely expensive) but I’ll be happy to do a few for anyone who asks. Oh, and I'll bring cheesecake to the shoot. That too. Maybe some other snacks, you'll just have to show up to see!

Props, Costumes, & Other Odds & Ends: I’ll be bringing along whatever bits of costume things and props I can find in my house. I’m hoping you all will be bringing your own costume things, though if there’s any difficulty on that front, let me know as soon as you can and we can talk. If you’ve got spare props you wouldn’t mind sharing, bring them along! Not sure if the props you’ve got on hand are quite right? Bring them along, we certainly can’t go wrong with extra bits on hand.

And Another Note As To Costumes: This is all about your personal take on Alice in Wonderland. Are you all about traditional Alice stuff? Dress up accordingly. Do you like to think of Alice & Co. in a more modernized sense? Do that! I’m not requiring any one view. I’m interested in the way we all view this well-known story and how different eyes see the same thing.

Oh Yes, Yet Another Costume Related Note: Come as whichever character you like. If you like a number of characters and are so inclined, bring a number of costumes and switch around as you please.

Other: I’ve decided to turn this Alice stuff into a personal project rather than a class project so for those of you who cannot make it to this shoot, never worry! I’ll be having at least one more shoot when I am home in the summer and everyone will be invited to join me!

Have any questions? Need directions to NDNU? Feel free to call, facebook, email, or in some other way contact me. I’m flying out of NYC on Friday morning at 7 Eastern time and landing at around noon California time. If you’d all be kind and mind the time difference (it’s three hours, so don’t call later than 9 CA time) if you call between now and Friday, I’d rather appreciate it!

Dwyn’s contact information
Cell: [email me for a cell number]
Email: teh.pink.salmon.of.doom@gmail.com
Alternate Email: sdavis5@sva.edu

0 people have thoughts on this topic: