Can't stop the slime, people look at me go!
Time for MUSIC MADNESS FRIDAY! This week: Frank Zappa! I pretty much grew up with his music. What is there for a child not to a love with songs like 'Stinkfoot' and 'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow'? Honestly. He really was a brilliant musician and it is a shame he left so soon. I hear his son Dweezil is quite the musician now though. But yes. Brilliance. And not only an amazing musician but also a very cool anti-censorship activist and totally testified against the PMRC in a hearing in Congress. WAY COOL. And if you don't know who the PMRC is, you should look them up. I will certainly have a post at some point about censorship issues in general at some point in the future and when I do, you had better bet that my post will include his testimony. Yes. Now sit back and enjoy some very strange, very fucked up, very wonderful music!
Got other music loves I should be tuning into? Leave names in comments and I'll check them out and maybe use them for next MUSIC MADNESS FRIDAY.
'I'm The Slime' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Peaches En Regalia' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Dancing Fool' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Stinkfoot' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Welcome To The United States' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing' & 'Heavenly Bank Account' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'San Berdino' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Camarillo Brillo' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Montana' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
Time for MUSIC MADNESS FRIDAY! This week: Frank Zappa! I pretty much grew up with his music. What is there for a child not to a love with songs like 'Stinkfoot' and 'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow'? Honestly. He really was a brilliant musician and it is a shame he left so soon. I hear his son Dweezil is quite the musician now though. But yes. Brilliance. And not only an amazing musician but also a very cool anti-censorship activist and totally testified against the PMRC in a hearing in Congress. WAY COOL. And if you don't know who the PMRC is, you should look them up. I will certainly have a post at some point about censorship issues in general at some point in the future and when I do, you had better bet that my post will include his testimony. Yes. Now sit back and enjoy some very strange, very fucked up, very wonderful music!
Got other music loves I should be tuning into? Leave names in comments and I'll check them out and maybe use them for next MUSIC MADNESS FRIDAY.
'I'm The Slime' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Peaches En Regalia' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Dancing Fool' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Stinkfoot' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Jesus Thinks You're A Jerk' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Welcome To The United States' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing' & 'Heavenly Bank Account' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'San Berdino' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Camarillo Brillo' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
'Montana' - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
0 people have thoughts on this topic:
Post a Comment