A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

the year in photos: february


The Year in Photographs: February


AP Caption: Aarachchige Michael, an injured victim of the bus explosion looks on at a hospital bed in Dambulla, about 150 kilometers (93 miles) northeast of capital Colombo, Sri Lanka, Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008. A bomb tore through the packed bus carrying civilians on Saturday in central Sri Lanka, killing some 20 people and wounding 50 others, the military said. (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)
Dwyn's Caption: A tragedy. Can you imagine that level of suffering?


AP Caption: Members of the Writers Guild of America walk on the picket line at NBC Studios in Burbank, Calif., Feb. 8, 2008. TV producers say they expect writers to return to work as early as Wednesday, Feb. 13, now that the Writers Guild of America has moved to end its three-month-old strike. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)
Dwyn's Caption: Oh god, I can't tell you how happy I was to have the strike over. Also, how awesome is this sign? Gil Scot Heron is the best!


AP Caption: A member of an internet-based group called Anonymous, right, shares a moment with an unidentified passerby while protesting near buildings associated with the Church of Scientology on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2008, in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Weeks)
Dwyn's Caption: I think this scientology thing is interesting and it also interests me the level that internet groups have driven the protests against it. Really, that this captured so much attention is a little surprising to me.


AP Caption:Kosovar Albanians wave U.S. and Albanian flags on the Albanian side of the ethnically divided town of Kosovska Mitrovica to celebrate the upcoming independence of Kosovo, Sunday, Feb. 17, 2008. Kosovo's predominantly ethnic Albanian leadership is expected to proclaim independence from Serbia on later Sunday with Western backing. Serbia has had no formal control over Kosovo, whose two-million population is 90 percent Albanian, since NATO bombing drove out Serb forces in 1999 to halt their killing and ethnic cleansing in a two-year war against separatist rebels. (AP Photo/Bela Szandelszky)
Dwyn's Caption: I don't know all that much about the details of this but I was in NYC when it happened with NDB and we totally saw people in the streets waving flags and cheering. I found it pretty lovely and wished that I felt that wildly patrotic for any country


AP Caption: Fidel Castro's younger brother Raul Castro, left, speaks after being elected President of Cuba's supreme governing body, the Council of State, by the new National Assembly in Havana, Sunday, Feb. 24, 2008, accompanied by Cuba's Vice President Juan Almeida Bosque. The council's president acts as Cuba's head of state. (AP Photo/Javier Galeano)
Dwyn's Caption: I'm always surprised that Fidel gave up even the tinest modicum of power. I'm interested to see what changes actually come to Cuba within the next couple of years


AP Caption: The audience applauds the New York Philharmonic during a concert performance in Pyongyang, North Korea on Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2008. (AP Photo/David Guttenfelder)
Dwyn's Caption: I'd like to think this means North Korea will be working more with other nations and will consider opening their borders. But that's just the optimist in me speaking.

0 people have thoughts on this topic: