So I wrote that damn blog last night and then this morning, on the train to Manhattan, I wondered what possessed me. I was all ready to get made fun of and rejected. And then I got this amazing response. So maybe there's some hope for the looser that I am. Maybe. I hope so. I'm just hopeful right now. And I'm interested to see what my friends say. I suppose it doesn't matter if they don't like it but it would be nice to hear some approval from the people I love. So we'll see.
I'm too tired to be too philosophical. I promise to make more time tommorow. The hope is that I'll get back from Woodstock and then have the time while Mom, Leslie and Pat make dinner. That sounds reasonable. Maybe by that time that girl and I will have settled on a date for lunch. Even if we can't be dating, I'd at least like friendship...
Good night.
Quote of the Day
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
-Emily Dickinson
0 people have thoughts on this topic:
Post a Comment