A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

ok, so the kitchen isn't clean and dwyn isn't happy [also, i miss my sexy knife!]


Several thoughts on the kitchen are to be had tonight after my interesting experience trying to find a knife and then trying to make dinner.

  • First, what is the deal with people not knowing how to clean dishes? You take warm water, dish soap, a sponge and you SCRUB THE DISHES! Very simple, it should not require a lot of thought. So why so much confusion? If you can still see crap on the plate, it's not clean, ok? 
  • Two, I am totally missing my knives. I'm sure this is a very creepy things but we've only got crappy knives here and no sharpener and no one knows how to properly take care of knives here. Mostly I miss my big knife, the one with the slight curve that was really excellent for really chopping up stuff. That was a sexy sexy knife! Always sharp, always easy to get everything chopped up, such a great knife. We have nothing like it here, which makes me so sad, even if it is slightly strange to miss a knife. I tried chopping up garlic tonight, what an awful experience! The knife was so dull it couldn't even cut cheese! What kind of knife is that?!?! And no one knows how to wash the knives here either. GAH!
  • Also, no one here understands how to wash wood stuff. They don't go in the dishwasher, it's not good for the wood. Also, if Dwyn marks something to be not used for meat at all, she damn well expects this to stay true! NO CUTTING MEAT ON DWYN'S CUTTING BOARDS! Why is this hard to follow?
  • Ok, if you get crumbs all over the counter, how hard is it to wipe them up? I'm just wondering, cause I hate cooking in a kitchen with crap all over the counter.
  • If you buy deli cheese or meat, it should be kept IN THE FRIDGE. Not on the counter for a couple of days. Blue turkey is absolutely disgusting and I will not touch that bag. EW.
  • Leaving dirty dishes on the counter for more than a week with the hope that Dwyn will wash them when it is her turn to clean the kitchen is stupid. I am not the maid, wash your own damn dishes.
  • ROTTING FOOD GETS THROWN OUT!
So those are my thoughts on the kitchen. Seriously, the cleanliness of the kitchen has a direct link to my grasp on sanity. I've never thought of myself as a neat freak but at the moment, I'm kind of way annoyed. How is the concept of rotting food goes in the garbage so hard to grasp? I just like the kitchen to be clean because I, you know, EAT AND COOK FOOD THERE! It should be clean enough for me to not worry if I put some food item on the counter, ok?

GAH!

1 people have thoughts on this topic:

Samantha Shireman said...

:)
I miss you and your amazing rants.
<3<3<3 infinite less-than-threes.