Today we've got a somber song by a Mr Kinky Friedman, who, in case you didn't know, is a Jewish cowboy. Indeed he is. He even had a band called Kinky Friedman & The Texas Jewboys. So yes, there's a soft spot for him in my heart. Anyway, the song is about the Holocaust and is probably the only country song in existence that is about the Holocaust. So listen and enjoy. The lyrics are really beautiful, so I'll post them too. Seriously, this song is just heart breakingly sad, I actually teared up listening to it and reading the lyrics. This video is a little unclear and cuts off abruptly, I'll search for a better one to post but for now, this was all I could find. So without further ado, take it away Kinky!
'Ride Em Jewboy' - Kinky Friedman
Ride, ride ‘em Jewboy,
Ride ‘em all around the old corral.
I’m, I’m with you boy
If I’ve got to ride six million miles.
Now the smokes from camps are rising
See the helpless creatures on their way.
Well, old pal, ain’t it surprising
How long you can go before you stay.
Do not let the morning blind you
When on your sleeve you wore the yeller star.
Old memories still live behind you,
Can’t you see by your outfit who you are.
How long will you be driven relentless ‘round the world,
The blood in the rhythm of the soul.
Wild ponies all, your dreams were broken,
Rounded up and made to move along.
The loneliness which can’t be spoken
Just swings a rope and rides inside a song.
Dead limbs play with ringless fingers
A melody which burns you deep inside.
Oh, how the song becomes the singers,
May peace be ever with you as you ride.
In the window candles glowing
Remind you that today you are a child,
The road ahead, forever rolling,
And anything worth cryin’ can be smiled.
So ride, ride ‘em Jewboy,
Ride ‘em all around the old corral.
I’m, I’m with you boy
If I’ve got to ride six million miles.
0 people have thoughts on this topic:
Post a Comment