A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

projects, comrades, lend me your help!


Hey guys, I've got a little favor to ask of everyone. I'm posting this note up at all my blogular locations that I can think of because this is IMPORTANT.

I'm going to be working on a series for my photo workshop class next semester. I've actually got two and I need models for both. Anyway, here's the details. If you or anyone you know would be willing to model for me, please let me know!

project 1
This project is a piece about abuse and sexual assault towards women. I'm looking for five women who I can work with. The series will be five portraits, one of each woman, and then five photos, one for each woman, showing how their experiences with abuse and sexual assault have changed their view of the world. What should anyone who would want to be working with me know? Well, the photos will be used solely for my class. The photos will be on medium format color film and probably printed on 11x14 paper. I'm looking for women who would be willing and able to sit for a portrait and also to discuss the topics at hand. I'm happy to work with models to make sure they are happy with the images I put out around them and their stories. Once I finish with the class, models are welcome to take my prints and get more prints done if there are any they like. This project is still being shaped to some extent, so when I find my models, I'd love any input they have as to how they feel about the shape the project should take. Do you know anyone who might be willing to model for me? Please pass along my information to them! Need my email? post a comment and I'll get it to you!

project 2
This is my silly fun-time project. I'm wanting to do a really nutsy series around Alice in Wonderland. This series will be shot in March when I am home from school for spring break. I'm thinking of finding a forest-y area and suspending stuff from trees with fishing wire and then setting up really insanely vividly colorful setups. So I need people who would be willing to come and get really dressed up in crazy bright costumes and just spend some time wandering around and being nuts for photos. Anyone interested? Once more, let me know! Pass this along to your friends! Prints and also lunch will be offered as payment! PLEASE, help, I need models!!!

2 people have thoughts on this topic:

changapeluda said...

Hullo!

i am soo interested!

:0]

plus i always need a good excuse to go see G.
plus you are such a cool chick &
i like to surround myself with
that as Much as possible.

i been kinda dead in the water
over here in blogland but i hope
reading blogs like yours might
light a fire somewheres in ma
brain!
my e-mail address is
zoegirlpearl@yahoo.com

if you care to correspond
about a shed-jewel.

woooo hooo i'm all lookin' forward to it Now

Also:
G. really digs a good photo shoot and that lucky beauty is way photogenic (if i do say so myself)

Samantha Shireman said...

I wanna be alice!!!! Also, Sinead has an awesome cheshire cat costume and mad-hatter hat.