Yeah, I'm late with MUSIC MADNESS FRIDAY but with good reason. I've been a busy busy lady getting everything around here all done so I won't have a million things to do my last week. But anyway, to perk both myself and I'm sure all of you up and also since last week was Yoko Ono, this week I'm putting up some John Lennon music. He is, without a doubt, one of, if not the top, my favorite musicians of all time. And I think there are a lot of people who don't get him and don't get Yoko. Of, course, I also don't care. This week is about him. And incidentally, the relationship he had with Yoko was obscenely beautiful. We should all be lucky to find a Yoko or a John in our own lives!
'Love' - John Lennon
'Mind Games' - John Lennon
'Happy Xmas (War is Over)' - John Lennon
This actually might be one of the only Christmas songs I like. No one plays it endlessly around the holidays and it's not really about Christmas anyway, just sort of peace and love, which, in case you were unaware, is not a thing unique to Christians or Christmas. Actually, it's generally not big in a lot of the organized religions. Take a look at the Catholic organization. Not generally about peace and love. But that's another topic for another day!
'Mother' - John Lennon
'Nobody Told Me' - John Lennon
'Working Class Hero' - John Lennon
'Whatever Gets You Through The Night' - John Lennon
'Stand By Me' -John Lennon
And this last song is the song that always breaks my heart. It's also the song Bono dislikes and made a weird statement about a few years ago. It's probably why I find him annoying. It's all about making things real by imagining them first. Nothing was created before it was dreamed of. I think we forget this. We cannot find or understand or create things we do not dream and imagine first.
'Imagine' - John Lennon
It was a shame he went so early, we could use the insight of a man like him in a world like this one. It's worth mentioning that this video of him singing in the white room makes me cry almost every time. When I saw it on a big screen at the end of Lennon the Musical (a very good show), I wept like a little child. When I saw it at Yoko Ono's talk, I got just as teary eyed as I have from the first time I saw it. Does that make me a mite bit over sensative? Honestly, I don't care.
1 people have thoughts on this topic:
Love = most adorable video I have seen since I don't know when.
Post a Comment