A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

a voice lends certain tones and meanings, we can't say it is the same


I'm getting myself back into poetry. Why? No particular reason. Well, actually, one. My momala sent me a video of this poet, Vanessa Hidary, doing a spoken word thing on some show. And let's talk about inspiring. I've been in a mode of thinking ever since, watching every poetry video I can find, looking for poets coming to town. I want to do this too, speak my own words in that same kind of bold, comfortable way that gives words more meaning than a 2-D paper version. Of course, this would require finding people interested in poetry. Well, I'll work on that. But I've got a spoken word sort of poet in me, lurking and waiting. So I'll find some friends, we'll sit in a park or something and we'll share our words.

Or so I can dream.

But in the meantime, watch these poems, get inspired. And let me know if you find people interested in reading to each other. It's not common, so perhaps there are some of us, alone. Maybe I'll find a way to string us together.



'The Hebrew Mamita' -Vanessa Hidary

0 people have thoughts on this topic: