A Madman & Her Bear

welcome

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I needed it." -John Cage

cunt gazing OR how to think in backwards lingo


We're taking it back and
there's no waiting
and holding breaths
and counting
and pleading,
oh god don't say it, don't say it.
And if there's an inner turmoil because
what's polite isn't what's correct and
what's to be
done in polite company,
remember this
sacred mantra: FUCK THAT. Even
if it doesn't sound so
sacred, it is such a
holy chant, like
hymn, meant to be chanted in temples.

That's what IT is, don't you know?

So we will take it back, say
it, even in the
polite company
or at least we ought to say it. Try it...

cunt

which needs no CAPITALS
(or parades or scandalized gaps).



Think of it like this:

four short letters
and it makes up
a sublime
noise

cunt.

2 people have thoughts on this topic:

Anonymous said...

this is now my favorite poem ever

Samantha Shireman said...

I cannot decide on my position on this argument... I'm all for bringing back a powerful pro-feminism word, but every time I hear it it just sounds so disrespectful. Part of me thinks we should honor the fact that some words change in meaning over time - queer used to be an insult, and we certainly don't want it to return to that definition. Hmmm....